Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ideas From the South (Island)

So Ideas From the North will be going on holiday again for a couple of weeks - not that you'd notice, because I've hardly been prolific in my blogging in recent weeks. But now I'm off for some camping, hiking and general sightseeing in the South Island of New Zealand. It's over ten years since I last went there, and was only 13 then, so it will be interesting to revisit old haunts, maybe see some new places.

I'm prepared, of course, to be quite dead at the end of the 4-day Routeburn Track hike, but hope to resurrect in time to write some thoughts/insights/rambles when I return. I'm expecting the whole trip to be a little easier than China at least. After all, they do speak the same language as us, just with a few funny vowels.

No comments: