Thursday, January 3, 2008

Reading blog updated

I would like to make a New Year's resolution to update my reading blog more regularly, but I'm quite confident I still won't. There's too much to say about books that half the time I just don't know where to start. Besides, being an English teacher, when I read I like to do it for fun, not in order to then go and write something about it.

However, I have come up with an idea that will, hopefully, give me an incentive to be more regular in my Northside Reading posts. I've always loved compiling lists, so I've decided to put together a list, in no particular order (and I'm not even sure of an overall number), of my favourite books. Let's see how long it lasts. At least it's something I can plug away at slowly. It can often be easier to talk about the books you know and love well, than to find something new to say about a book you've just read.

So, if you're interested, you can check out the first post in this grand scheme, on Hemingway's A Farewell to Arms by following this link, or clicking on "Northside Reading" in the blogroll.

1 comment:

essie said...

i resolved to start keeping a reading journal this year too. i figured i'd put it in unlocked posts at my livejournal (www.peace-bloom.livejournal.com)