Saturday, June 28, 2008

(No) Ideas from the East

It's not as if I've been blogging all that regularly lately anyway, BUT I'm sorry to announce that Ideas From the North will be momentarily suspended, while I travel around China with a fine and upstanding friend of mine. Fine and upstanding as we both are, I feel a tad reserved about blogging in a country that is currently quite famous for its Great Firewall. Not that I would necessarily be likely to write anything all that subversive here, although I must admit that the part of me which takes after my big brother would make me quite tempted to write posts with key-words like "Tibet" or "Falun Dafa", just to be difficult, and who knows where that might lead.

Best to play it safe, I suspect. Besides, to be perfectly honest, I think I'll be too busy having a holiday to bother writing anything here anyway.

But look forward to plenty of ideas from the east (coast of China) when I return; one or two ideas, at the very least.

No comments: